I've been fairly blushing of late with being asked to paint a few models here-and-there for Annie at Bad Squiddo Games , and recently I've been even luckier - and not a little humbled - to have been sent a few of the new models for Bad Squiddo's latest Kickstarter: Women of WW2 - Resistance. I recieved Hannie Schaft and Freddie and Truus Oversteegen. I wasn't given any direct orders on colour schemes, but Annie liked the idea of Hannie being in a red dress. Other than that I tried not to be too fussy on patterns, so just kept that to Freddie. I had planned on doing a muted plaid for Truus, but thought that being in a heavy coat and thick socks - clearly in resistance mode - she'd more likely be wearing as plainer clothing as possible, so went with a brown for the skirt and green for the socks. Having painted a few models for Bad Squiddo in the past and knowing the quality of the sculpts, of course I'm going to be somewhat gushing over them, so obviou...
I’m done with making promises about posting here. I never seem to be able to stay on point with writing anything that maybe of interest to anyone who might stumble on it. But, given such oddly shitty times, I’m posting something. A long process (long from delays of my own creation) of completing a couple of commissions has been compounded by the muddy waters that the Covid virus has been causing. Again, not an excuse, but a far ole chunk of the blame. Regardless, I have been reasonably pleased with how most of them have been turning out. The toughest part of painting commissions – for me anyway – tends to be repetition. Sometimes having to paint the same or very similar figures back-to-back can get tedious. And while I’ve tried a few methods for elevating the problem, I found that simply sticking to one figure at a time helps. Not the ideal solution, maybe, but not bad. Luckily though, I’m currently working through a selection of figures with some beautiful variation: A few ...
A short post and a round-up of current projects, starting with another couple of sets from Stronghold Terrain; shield-maiden warriors and civilian/villagers. As always with Stronghold Terrain, these sculpts have plenty of character and action to them, making them a pleasure to paint. As you can see, I'm in the process of prep'ing; filling shoulder joints and evening out the bases before adding sand and undercoating. Next we have a selection that will eventually be added to the shop; the last two female action gunners and Roxlade - a witch/mage character from Westfalia. I purchased the latter more out of curiosity than anything else. The model was on clearance at Bad Squiddo, which seemed a pity as it's a nice sculpt. So not too sure if its still in production? Manufacturers/Suppliers: Stronghold Terrain Badsquiddo Games Copplestone Castings Westfalia
Comments
Post a Comment